Bloomberg: Nexit Launches as the Next Generation in Mobile Mapping With $10 Million in Funding
Nexit Launches as the Next Generation in Mobile Mapping With $10 Million in Funding
All-in-One Road Trip App Launches During Peak Holiday Travel Season, Providing Drivers with Unmatched Navigation & Search Features
NEW YORK — December 4, 2019
Nexit launches as the next generation in mobile mapping with $10 million in funding. As the only all-in-one app for highway travelers, Nexit goes beyond what existing map apps provide. In addition to turn-by-turn directions, Nexit also helps drivers customize the perfect road trip by finding exactly what they want, when they need it, on the road they are traveling on.
Unlike Google or Apple Maps, Nexit allows users to search for any combination of travel destinations and amenities – including popular restaurants, hotels, shopping, attractions and the cheapest gas along your route. Users can also search by multiple preferences, such as a hotel with a pool or a restaurant with dine-in options, to find the next thruway exit that best fits your needs. Nexit’s industry-leading search functions are available to plan your ideal stops before your trip or to find the exit that fits all of your needs in real-time.
“We’re thrilled to bring this game-changing app to market just as millions of Americans are preparing to hit the roads for holiday travel,” said Dr. Vincent Ebuh, Nexit founder and Chairman. “We know that there will be significant demand from users who are often frustrated by the limits of other mapping apps. We’re proud to make road trips easier and more enjoyable with Nexit.”
“All existing navigation apps tell you where to drive. Only Nexit tells you where to stop,” said Randy Carpenter, Nexit President and CEO. “We’ve all been there, you’re on a road trip and settle for food you don’t want only to find out your favorite chain was two exits away or you’ve filled up on gas only to find it cheaper at the next station. Nexit is the highway co-pilot you’ve always wanted.”
Nexit is the smartest map you will ever use and solves many common frustrations of existing navigation apps. For example, if you search in Google or Apple Maps for “McDonald’s,” you will see every McDonald’s location near you, even if it’s 20 minutes in the opposite direction. Nexit only shows you options that are on your way.
Nexit users can search by business name or type of stop and even filter by price, distance and more. Among the features Nexit users can search for include:
- Hotel brands: find trusted, national hotels to meet any budget
- Hotel amenities: look for locations that have a gym, are pet friendly, have free breakfast, Wi-Fi, RV parking, a swimming pool and more
- Gas stations: find convenience stores, air for tires, a mechanic on duty, restrooms and more
- Gas prices: locate the cheapest gas within the next 50 miles along your route, updated in real time
- Restaurants: search for a favorite chain, type of food, dietary restrictions or options that have dine-in, drive-thru, take-out, open 24 hours, full bar, kids play area and more
- Rest areas: find locations that have an attendant on duty, dog walk area, picnic tables, baby changing stations and more
- Attractions: find amusement parks, bowling alleys and more along your route
The app covers the entire continental United States and its premium features are free for all users. Nexit is available in the App Store for Apple iOS operating systems and will be coming soon to Android. To date, the app has raised $10 million in funding. To learn more about Nexit visit, www.nexit.app.
Read the article by Anna Sczepanski at Bloomberg.